Tuesday, June 28, 2011

TYRANNORSAURUS RIKKI

Tootie opened her eyes this morning to the loving gaze of the Archful Dodger.  Much to his father's disdain, he makes his perilous journey across a sea of toys, comatose siblings and last night's dishes, to our bed most nights. I squeezed him tight, too tight and breathed in his early morning bottom salute.
Still, despite the stench he omitted, he lay there like a little Botticelli angel and studied me carefully in awe and wonder.
"Mummy," he said, caressing my cheek with his little hand.
"Yes, my little man,"  I said.
"You have pretty skin," replied Arch.
I rolled to look at the ceiling and bask in my new found perfection.  Children are so perceptive, I thought.  So honest.  They speaketh the truth.  I inwardly marvelled at my ability to emerge from the blanket of sleep deprivation, age and a few third degree sun burns and be still so "pretty skinned."
Arch continued.  "You have very pretty skin...................like a lizard's."



SIGH! Fraxel that.

Anyway, I can hear him in the other room talking to himself so he is clearly insane.

No comments:

Post a Comment