Wednesday, July 6, 2011

RISE MY GLORIOUS CREATION & COME TO MAMA

Evie Knievel is on the loose.  Having commenced walking shortly before 9 months, she is now at the grand old age of 10 months in full flight.  We have tried to curb her need to spread her wings by placing her in above duck suit.  ( which pleased her no end.)
Evie waddled around in this for much of the day with a face that said "OH FOR PLUCK'S SAKE!".

"Come here Duckie!" made a nice change from the other terms of endearment Arch likes to throw out at his siblings.  And Duckie is so close in rhyme to one of his other favourite terms.  He has created over Evie's ten months of existence quite a few monikers.

The most recent being "ZOMBIE" due to Evie's tendenecy to stumble about as she finds her feet with arms raised and dazed expression.  Before that, Arch would only call Evie "PILLOW" which sent chills.  I liked to think it was in homage to my devotion of the King Michael Jackson and his offspring "BLANKET" and not as I feared Chief in "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest."

Arch was not so keen on having a baby sister.  He had made many, many threats both in utero and in early days of Evie's birth when she alas had been born minus ( Arch speak) "a doodle."

Archer pictured above in a foiled assassination attempt on baby sister Evie
Archer was desperate for a baby brother.  One that didn't sing or dance or flail about like his big brother Cale.  Arch wanted a brother that was prepared to wrestle rather than accessorise.  He would call him "Buzz" and they would have many adventures together, to infinity and beyond.

Imagine my surprise and my relief when Arch came to me the other day and said that he no longer wanted to marry me or if I was dead ( as I am so old) as a substitute, Daphne from Scooby Doo but his little sister Evie, the Zombie.  Sure, it's still a little dysfunctional but my little superhero has certainly found his sidekick.  


No comments:

Post a Comment